Did you know that garlic has 50% more calcium than milk? Garlic has been known to improve bone health in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis. Try this delicious roasted garlic recipe!
To enhance the sweetness of garlic and achieve a velvety texture with a mellow flavor, roasting is the way to go. Once roasted, you can incorporate it into various dishes such as hummus, condiments, or any recipe that calls for garlic. You can even store the unpeeled roasted garlic in a small container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Here’s how to make it:
1 head of garlic
Celtic Sea Salt®
- Begin by preheating your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice off the top of the garlic head, revealing the tops of the garlic cloves.
- Place the garlic head in a Dutch oven, cut side up, and sprinkle with a pinch of Celtic Sea Salt®.
- Seal the Dutch oven with an oven-proof lid, and roast the garlic for 45 minutes to an hour, or until it’s golden and soft to the touch.
- Once the garlic is ready, take it out of the oven and allow it to cool before using it in your recipe.
- Enjoy the rich, creamy flavor and use it to add a unique taste to your favorite recipes!